Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!

Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!
There are now hundreds of articles, neat pictures and videos here, that are mostly trans* related.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Another first for Vickie



It was a pretty exciting day. Linda Bedore and I went to a Senior Center here in Phoenix for a "Cinco de Mayo" party today (I hope I spelled that right.) There was a hundred or so senior citizens of many ethnic backgrounds. There was music and dancing, a lunch, and then a troop of Mexican dancers preformed for us.


What was so exciting and exhilarating was that we was treated just like any other person there. I was even asked to dance several times by this nice older Mexican American (I assume) man in his 70's. I dance horribly, but he kept coming back for more. He did figure out that he could spin me, so I got spun a lot. It was great. I am pretty sure he did not have a clue to my genetic gender. I tried to ask his name, but he did not seem to understand a word I said. I did get his picture.


We have been to this great lesbian bar twice and will probably go again tonight, called the Cash Inn Country . It is nothing like what we have in Nashville. Lots of gorgeous girls and Linda and I were the only trans folks except for a couple there for a short while on Thursday, and one full time gal on Friday, who did not believe in makeup, but was making plans to see Dr. Meltzer, who practices here in Phoenix, for her SRS.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails