Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!

Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!
There are now hundreds of articles, neat pictures and videos here, that are mostly trans* related.

Monday, June 11, 2007

"Return to Michael: A Transgender Story" by Michael Brinkle




While looking for something else I stumbled on this book about a TS woman who returns to her boy life after finding Christianity.

What is really weird is that when I Google the title and the authors name, I only find listings of the book. There are no real reviews, no comments, nothing. Nobody hates it, nobody loves it. The book seems to be totally ignored by everyone. Only Google books had the old picture of the cover with the little boy on it. Oh so very weird.

The text below is from iUniverse's page on the self published book. I do not understand.

Michael at 3, abandoned, parentless, sexually abused in the children’s home, becomes Michelle surgically at 18, only to return to Michael after finding true Christianity!

Book Description
I was born and raised in the time of the hippies and free love. Elvis, The Beatles, The Mamas and The Papas, and The Supremes were the rage of many. I witnessed the assassination of President Kennedy and the first moon landing. On television, I Love Lucy, Ed Sullivan, The Honeymooners, and movies like King Kong and Tarzan were showing.

So why would a young boy named Michael, born in 1951, who was abandoned to a Children's Home at 3 years of age, and was sexually abused get a sex change at 18 to become Michelle, sow her wild oats for 10 years as a stripper and prostitute, and decide to return to Michael at 29 years old once again.

Travel along with me as I relive my experiences with you, including all the highs and lows of my life. Come share with me in my memories, have some laughs, and at the same time shed a few tears. These are my memories.

Browse Before You Buy

Note: 'Browse Before You Buy' feature may contain pages that have been reduced in resolution to improve viewing speed.

Michael, if you find this please write me. I would love to exchange emails with you. One of my best friends here, did just about the same thing as you. After living 8 years as a woman, and transitioning on the job, went back to living as a man. I will give you his email address if like, I am sure you 2 have a lot in common. There seems to be so few of you. It must be lonely out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine ever going back, yet I have another friend who did that, too. In her case it had to do with children and visitation and identity in the children'minds.

As for myself, I went the opposite way on religion. I was immersed in religion for 45 years, having gone to 12 years of Catholic school and worked in the Catholic church. I also became involved in several protestant religions. Religion never had the answers. Religion only sucked the life out of me and took the hope with it. Jesus never did a thing for me, nor did Budda or Krishna or any other deity except the one that matters, the one I can't define.

Thanks for bringing up this book, I will consider purchasing it just to see another point of view. I hope it is an honest account and not more religious right propaganda disguised as non-fiction.

Vickie Davis said...

Larissa,

Thanks for you comment, it is good to see that someone is reading what I post.

So far the religious folks are ignoring the book too. If I thought it was something from them, I would not have even discussed it here.

I almost bought the book for the same reason as you, but so far I haven't, only because I buy books about four times faster then I read them. Oh well, I put it on my Amazon "wish list" so when I need something to read, I can reconsider it.

Along the same lines. I did purchase a video "ALMOST MYSELF" ( http://www.almostmyself.com/ ) which contains a sad story of a TS woman who goes back to living as a gay man after 20 years as a woman, then she is still not sure she made the right decision.

On a plus side for the movie, it does feature wonderful interviews with Dr. Marci Bowers, Georgie Jessup and her music, Holly Boswell and her retreat, and some other really neat TS women. I love seeing TS people out there living there lives.

Hugs, Vickie

Lani said...

I also hope to see the documentary ALMOST MYSELF very soon.

The book, "Return to Michael", reminds me of a book I read some years ago called A TRANSFORMED TRANSSEXUAL by Perry Desmond, who also had a similar life and religious conversion. It is good to hear and read the other side sometimes, as I've been living and working as a female for 25 years. I can sometimes relate to their pain....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails