Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!

Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!
There are now hundreds of articles, neat pictures and videos here, that are mostly trans* related.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One Thing To Say

Callan Williams put this in a recent blog post. It reminds me that we should not be too hard on the beginners, and the crossdressers. As Linda Bedore told me when I was laughing at some crossdressers at last year's spring Getaway en Femme. "... remember they feel the same way we do!" Thanks Linda for setting me straight. I needed I needed that.

Reply to a list post:

What’s my one message about trans that I would like to get out?

This:

Every time you see someone express transgender, they are expressing something they know to be true about themselves in the best way they know how to do it.

No matter how dramatic or cartoony or contradictory or ambiguous or factually false someone’s trans expression may seem to you, no matter how that expression is laced with shame, self-loathing, and defensive rationalizations, it is an expression that comes from deep inside of them. And only by being affirmed in that expression can they find deeper meanings, become more mature in their self knowledge & expression. If they feel repressed, they will remain clouded and confused in their understanding and their choices.

Every time you see someone express transgender, they are expressing something they know to be true about themselves in the best way they know how to do it.

That’s the one thing I want people to know.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails