Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!

Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!
There are now hundreds of articles, neat pictures and videos here, that are mostly trans* related.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Out & About - Letters: Cousin of Nakia Ladell Baker sends letter to Nashville and Murfreesboro mayors

Posted 01/11/2007

Dear Mayor Purcell and Mayor Bragg,

I am writing to you about the murder of a Nakia Ladell Baker. I do not know if you are aware that she was transgendered and this may be an issue of a hate crime. I am Tennessean at heart, being I born and raised in Murfreesboro. The victim was also my cousin.

I just wanted to know if the city and police have attempted to make any lead on the case. I hope the detective assigned to it, is making a serious effort to this homicide. I have noticed in the past that the police in the city really takes a blind eye to violent crimes among the gay community you have there. I also am aware that the citizens in the city are tied deeply to there faith, but you have to admit that a crime that could have been committed in the name of hate and fear is despicable.

I have enlisted the help of several national organizations and some in Tennessee from my home in San Francisco, CA. I have asked the LGBT paper Out & About, The Transgendered Political Coalition, ACLU, The Advocate news magazine, and the Human Rights Campaign to also investigate what the police might conveniently overlook.

This letter is not to be as a threat I just want justice to be done and for people to see that the stereotypes are untrue for the city of Nashville and the state of Tennessee. I know there is good in everyones heart and we all would like to live in a world where we do not fear what we do not understand.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Robert Shawn White
San Francisco, CA.
shawnjohn79@yahoo.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails