Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!

Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!
There are now hundreds of articles, neat pictures and videos here, that are mostly trans* related.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Transgender singer songwriter Namoli Brenette in Nashville tonight!




Namoli Brenette was at the SingOut Benefit for Nashville's OutCentral (Nashville's first GLBTQIF Cultural Center.) I really enjoyed the show and especially her part. I would not have ever guessed she was "transgendered," if she had not said so. Katie was out for a beer or a cigarette or something, when Namoli told us. When Katie returned, I told her, and she did not believe me.

When I got home I Googled her and found she had been on GenderTalk September 22, 2003 (4 years ago today,) and they played her music again in December 1, 2003.

I purchased 3 of her CDs at the show. They are on my iPod already!

One thing I did notice was that she had the same sad eyes, that I had seen in so many of the trans-men at SCC. I wonder why?

Visit Namoli’s website at www.NamoliBrennet.com and her MySpace page www.MySpace.com/BamoliBrennet Her website plays an assortment of her music very nicely. Well done!

They played the song Boy in a Dress on Gendertalk and I found these word for the song on her web site. I read them and almost immediately burst into tears. Powerful song, but the CD is no longer available, but I downloaded the song from iTunes. I'll probably get the rest of the songs tomorrow. :)


Boy in a Dress

Boy in a Dress

When I was a little girl
free as a bird
painting my world
I filled it with colors like birthday balloons

When I was seven years old
out on the road
I once was called - a girl
“you can tell by the way that she throws”

When I was only nine
doing just fine
stay in the lines
fill in the dots with the picture you see
but I never saw no picture like me

When I was only thirteen
I looked at me
I could have seen
a girl or a boy in a dress or a girl
boy in a dress or a girl or a boy in a dress


What I call hard
seems so damn easy for everybody else


Fifteen became twenty-one
man, I was gone
but I had some fun
when I was not passed out on somebody’s lawn
Oh no...

Twenty-one turned twenty-five
turned twenty-nine
bided my time
trying to hide from the things I could feel
hide from the things I could feel
I could hide


What I call hard
seems so damn easy for everybody else

When I was just thirty-three
I looked at me
I could have seen
a girl or a boy in a dress, or a girl
boy in a dress or a girl or a boy in a dress
or a girl, or a boy in a dress
or a girl.


Well done girl! You are there, and you rock! I am so proud of you! Say "Hi," to Holly for me.

www.namolibrennet.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails