Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!

Transgender Warning: Transgender stuff to follow!
There are now hundreds of articles, neat pictures and videos here, that are mostly trans* related.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Fwd: [T-Vals] Re: New T-Vals member

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vickie Davis <davis.vickie@gmail.com>
Date: Aug 10, 2007 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: [T-Vals] Re: New T-Vals member
To: T-Vals Group <T-Vals@yahoogroups.com>

Hello everyone,

Kimberli said I could introduce her to the group. I have been so excited to meet her. She has done things that I had only heard about, but never met anyone who had actually done them.

I got an email from Kim as webmistress of the Tvals site. She explained that she is a TS-woman who had been stealth for 20 years. She has told virtually no one that she is trans in this whole time, but her husband. She just thought it was time to leave her self imposed "closet" and meet her sisters and brothers. I had lunch with her Wednesday and it was wonderful. We hit it off right away.

The strangest part of all this is that she lives just 1.5 miles from my house.

The only other person that I know of that she has reached out to, in all these years, was Lynn Conway. She said they were both in Chicago at the same time and they had dinner together. This woman is college educated, married to a man, that works in Nashville, has 4 adopted children, and has a great job, where she can work at home from a laptop and a phone.

Lynn Conway was so impressed that she asked Kim to write a page for her TS Successes site. Her profile on Lynn's site has her picture and tells her whole story.

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/Kimberli.html

As I write this the whole U of M website is down, I hope it is back up when you get this email. If Lynn's site is still down when you get this you can read the PDF I uploaded to the groups file section. (I just happened to have it still open in a Firefox tab on my iMac which has PDF creation as part of the operating system. I sure was ready for this.)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Vals/files/Kimberli%27s%20Story.pdf

Kim is really excited to meet us all and get to know us. I just hope you all will be at least 1/2 as excited to meet her as I have been. I know you all will give her, and all our new people, a worm welcome.

Hugs,

Vickie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails